- The objective of the course is to expose students to a real life hardware design situation. The final goal is to develop a functional system that incorporates 60% to 100% hardware.
- Expose students to hardware and software design methodologies.
- Develop the proper documentation requirements to support and duplicate the project.
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, your project to faculty, project sponsors and other students.
- The system must include at a minimum:
- a. Microprocessor
- User Interface (keypad, buttons, lcd display, led indicators, etc)
- Final design implemented in a Printed Circuit Board.
The student role is equivalent in industry of a junior level project engineer or application engineer. Responsibilities include: overall project completion, design, construction, meeting all deadlines, producing technical documentation and reports, oral presentations, and ultimately meeting the design specifications.